Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mmmmm that smells so good!

I love it when I find a new discovery....I also love this time of year.  While I adore the holidays, Christmas is over.....the gifts have been dispersed, the bells and garland are packed away, and I am always excited about a new year and new beginnings. We have a fresh sheet of paper to make new memories, meet new friends, see new places, try new foods, and discover whatever else comes along our path (hopefully a new job).  I also like to make Goodwill bags, buy some new items at those January white sales and freshen up the house....  

Oh yea, back to my new discovery. So I was at Walmart this morning for groceries.  Tip if you can do it:  grocery shop on a weekday morning....you get the whole store to yourself. For those of you employed, sorry, price you pay for having a paycheck...:)

I have always loved Mrs. Meyers cleaning products - they're natural, fresh, but unfortunately expensive. However, they have a put a new line of this product in at Walmart and my new discovery today is the Countertop Spray - BASIL.  How apropos as I was shopping for ingredients to make Chicken Parmesan tonight. 



Basil is glorious.  It's part of the mint family.  It's smell and taste, though predominantly in Italian cooking, is versatile. Now apparently, Mrs. Meyer has put it in her cleaning products.  I scrubbed down the kitchen this morning, a necessary evil, and it now smells out of this world! They also have this in lanudry detergent and a candle (which I think I'll try when I'm done burning through the ones I have).

We're having friends over for dinner - so I wanted the house to have that "we're having friends over" scent.  Divine!  While usually pricey, and still higher than your standard cleaners, Mrs. Meyers is cheaper at Walmart, as compared to other stores like Sprous or Whole Foods.

Just my little tip of the day.......may your new year's blank page be filled with happy memories!  J9R


No comments:

Post a Comment