Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yea - Fall is here!

Kicked weekend off by hitting State Fair of Texas - hadn't been in 8-9 years. The quality has definitely improved. Besides the bevy of fried foods, there was actually a good variety. The dog stunt show was entertaining, and in food building pavilion we found some great Texas treats to take to friends on an upcoming trip to North Carolina. Saturday I hit Tilman's Roadhouse to celebrate Mom's birthday. Adrianna, a good friend of ours joined us for the fun. Tilman's has oustanding food - located in Bishop Arts District - worth the trip. So my Mom and I went to Antique Alley Texas just last week (http://www.antiquealleytexas.com/). Twice a year; the towns of Cleburne, Grandview and Mayfair & Maypearl have a 25 mile flea market! Miles & miles of people selling crafts, wares, furniture, food, ANYTHING you can imagine - some new, some old, and some making you say, "what in god's name is that and who in God's name would buy it?" But as they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I bought a cute little end table - talking the guy down to $10 (from the outrageously priced $15). So today, since it was glorious outside, decided I'd spruce it up with a paint job. I had seen a cute end table done up in Country Sampler magazine, so thought I'd duplicate. Headed to Home Depot this morning and bought paint gadgets to hook up to our air compressor as I thought it would look better than using brushes. After my end table, I did my little coffee station......I must say I am very happy with the end results ~ J9R








No comments:

Post a Comment