Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tuesday surprises!

Don't you just love getting surprises?  The definition of a surprise:  To come upon or discover suddenly or unexpectedly. Don't good surprises just make your day? They can be little or they can be big, makes no difference. I got TWO today. SURPRISE #1:  I came home for a meeting to find my husband had left for work and had made the bed before he left.....(did you hear angels singing like I did?)  Miracles truly never cease. Small gesture - big impact!  His philosophy: We're just going to get back in it tonight, why worry about it. My philosophy: That's gross. I am going to chew my food at dinner but I still want to see it all nice and lovely on a plate before I start. 
No, this is not our bed, but it does look comfy! 

SURPRISE #2:  A dear girlfriend had come by, rang the bell, and Helen Keller here didn't hear it so she left a nice little envelope under the front porch mat. It was our wedding anniversary last week and she had a card for us. She later sent a text to advise it was there, and I ran downstairs like it was Christmas morning to see what I got. I am like this with mail, emails, birthdays, Christmas...basically anytime I get to open a surprise. I gingerly raised the mat and found a cute card with a lovely handwritten message and gift certificates to our FAVORITE frozen yogurt place......what a great Tuesday and what a great friend, as she took the time out to think of us, despite some recent dealings with a close family member's illness (hang in there Ed!). I will raise my plastic spoon in her honor and think of her fondly when I'm creating and then noshing on my glacial dairy dessert concoction.  Thank you my favorite Canadian Frostback!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment