Monday, November 22, 2010

It's seasonal.......

So last week hubby and I hit Einstein's bagels for a quick breakfast.  It's fall,  the leaves are changing, weather is starting to get cool so I decide to try the Pumpkin Nut bagel and I must say it was absolutely delicious!  Toasted, fluffy cream cheese melting in middle, you get the picture.  

So running errands this morning, I think of that scrumptious little booger and I pull in on my way to Lowe's.  I march up to the counter and order my regular.....

I'll have one toasted pumpkin nut bagel with plain please.

Sorry, we no longer have that, it's seasonal.

I tilt my head like Tank the dog does when he hears me but isn't quite sure what I said....

Seasonal I say?

Yes she says, we stopped selling those on Saturday.

Another worker chimes in......Oh don't fall in love with our seasonal items, as soon as you know it they're gone!

Still perplexed I state, it's Thanksgiving this week but it's gone?  I thought this week was seasonal.

So I had to settle for a Dutch Apple, but it just wasn't the same......what kind of crap is that? 

I'm writing Mr. Einstein now - which now that I think about it, an Einstein he's not.

Tis the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment